Sunday, March 23, 2008

my gray anatomy

Throughout this Easter break, I have taken on the project of watching Grey's Anatomy for the first time in my life. I knew getting into it that it might be a bad idea, wasting my time like this. Now, 49 episodes later, the verdict is still out. I would like to think that getting this emotionally involved in the lives of fictitious characters may be unhealthy for me- that it is bad to pretend that life is this intricately-written web of love, lies and lust. But minus that whole "doctor" thing (psh), I think I can relate and watching these people gives me some sort of comfort.

But, then, at the end of each episode, I get pissed, real pissed. Mainly because it would be much easier for me if I was able to have that ominous voice-over to my day- one that summarizes what I should have learned or taken from my experiences. Boo. Instead, I'm forced to lie in bed at night, stare at my ceiling, and simply be confused. With Izzie in mind..Really? Seriously?...That is just not fair Meredith.

I mean, why do I have to teach myself here? I know (and by "know" I mean I'm guessing from all the medical shows I watch) that the lives of doctors and/or surgeons are tough- their hours are long, their days are exhausting but somehow they find time for all the love, lies and lust. This is where the unrealisticness (mmhmm its a new word) comes to bite me in the ass. Because, realistically, McDreamys don't come back, Alexs are always jerks and Georges never get over the one that got away. Realistically, this show is a bunch of crap to my bitter, sleep-deprived psyche.

Pero tengo que vivir en positivo. Esperanza.

"At the end of the day faith is a funny thing. It turns up when you don't really expect it. Its like one day you realize that the fairy tale may be slightly different than you dreamed. The castle, well, it may not be a castle. And its not so important happy ever after, just that its happy right now. See once in a while, once in a blue moon, people will surprise you , and once in a while people may even take your breath away."

Thanks for the hope Mere

No comments: